ARRABIDA WINE TOUR WITH TASTINGS
- Duration: 9 Hours (approx.)
- Product code: ITW SETUBAL
Just 45 minutes south of Lisbon, there’s a natural green and vibrant area. It’s called the Arrábida Natural Park and besides being a rich ecosystem, home for many animal species and flora as well, it is one of the most reputable wine making regions in the country. This region is called Peninsula of Setubal, the capital district.Along the way listen to your guide talking about the tradition of viticulture in the region, owing to its dense concentration of micro-climates. In our first stop,we will have a tour of a wine house that has been running in the family for 4 generations solely dedicated to Palmela wines. See the vineyards and ready your taste buds for a festival of vibrant reds, whites and muscats (Moscatel). Next stop, we venture deeper inside the Arrabida's Natural Park to reach a family property. Explore the century old manor inside the wine estate but also a chapel, a museum and even a waterfall. More importantly you get another tasting in the wine cellars. To end this day in a perfect way, try the traditional pastry of Azeitão, called “Torta de Azeitão” and a local Muscat wine (Moscatel de Setúbal). Now sit back and enjoy the sunset over the 25 de Abril bridge as your guide transports you back to Lisbon.
- Hotel pickup (or nearest location possible) only in certain areas of Lisbon city center. It may be required to get to a meeting point for pick-up.
- Drop-off at 2 centrally located points: Restauradores square / Marquês de Pombal
- Small-group tour (8 people max.)
- Informal local guide / driver
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Live commentary on board
- WiFi available in the minivan
- 8 wine tastings + 2 muscat wines
Does Not Includes:
- Hotel drop-off
- Gratuities (optional)